The Following is the process for Admission to Evangel Christian School:
Step 1. Online Application
Complete an online application by following the online application link from the Admission page on the school website. You will also be asked to provide the following:
- Application fee of $25
- Copy of the last end-of-year report card and the most current report card
- Copy of the most recent standardized test results (SAT, OLSAT, CAT etc.)
- A completed School Records Request Form
Step 2. Entrance Test
Each student that applies for admission will be required to take an entrance test. Once the online application is submitted, you will be contacted by the school office to schedule entrance testing for your student. The entrance test is generally scheduled for after school at 3:30pm. The entrance test will focus on accessing grammar and math abilities. The test will measure the student's ability and access appropriate placement.
Step 3. Interview
Once the application has been submited, the entrance testing is completed, and previous school records received, an interview with the Principal will be scheduled. At least one parent (preferably two) must be present with their student at the interview. The interview will include:
- Review of the completed Student and Family Application, standardized tests and report cards
- A synopsis of the school's educational philosophy, and policies will be presented
- Review of course offerings
- Students in 9-12 grade will interview with both the Principal and Pastor
Step 4. Acceptance
The school will then evaluate all of the information presented and determine whether the student will be accepted. The student and family will be notified either by phone, letter or email.
Step 5. Online Enrollment
After the student has been accepted, it is then necessary for the parent to complete the enrollment for the coming school year by using the online enrollment process. Please note that this enrollment requires a $150 registration fee.
Step 6. Completion of Paperwork
Once a student has been accepted, the following paperwork must be submitted to the school office prior to a student starting school.
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Prince William County School Entrance Health Form
- Enrollment in FACTS (financial management system)